Before you consider the replacement of existing printers, photocopiers and multifunctional devices within your organisation just consider some keys statistics:
- IT staff can spend up to 20% of their time on print-related support issues, with only 10% indicating that this burden is decreasing.
- 50% of organisations with 1000 to 3000 employees indicated a need to minimise the time IT spend on print management tasks.
- European paper production growing 2.5% a year.
- Only 20% of businesses with 250-500 employees have a centralised print management tool that can track print usage on all devices in the organisation.
- A recent study revealed that almost 60% of respondents are experiencing a rise in colour print volumes, which in turn, is seeing a rise in consumable spend.
- A recent study revealed 70% of respondents indicated they had suffered one or more accidental data breaches as a result of unsecured printing.
- 20% of organisations have already deployed mobile printing as part of their MPS contract, with a further 44% planning to implement this.
- 37% of workers have increased the amount of printing they did in the last year (2010).
- Workers print 10,000 sheets ayear on average, of which 6,800 are wasted or unnecessary.
- Only 24% of companies have a formal, written print policy.
"The death of paper is still greatly exaggerated"
By keeping track of latest trends and new technologies ITQ can help you make sense of a changing office environment.
Whatever your requirements, a new printer or a number of varied devices, ITQ will manage the specification, design, implementation and project management of your new installation. Comprehensive documentation and attention to detail are our biggest assets. We consider the network environment and infrastructure first because some print management solutions are better suited to multiple server and branch operations than others. This allows our clients to make their decisions armed with all the facts. All too often the benefits of control and accountability or pull printing are seen without considering whether the ‘solution’ is robust enough for the specific network infrastructure.
"A lower cost-per-page is only half the answer to reducing document costs"
When Planning a Print Management Strategy:
- Think carefully about the impact your current printing requirements have on your network infrastructure and then picture how or what you would like changed or improved. For example, one of our biggest successes was reducing the server dependency of a large enterprise client from 52 print servers to just 12.
- Implementing a print management solution will save you money but give careful consideration to its other advantages. Currently what happens if users lose the ability to print? Print management delivers resilience and fall-over.
- Is the print management software tied to a specific range of printers or multifunctionals? If it is, you would need to reinvest again if you changed suppliers.
- ITQ can advise on all types of print management solutions so you have complete freedom to make buying decisions after all the options have been investigated.
ITQ’s recommendations are backed up by careful reasoning, detailed documentation and years of relevant experience.
"There is an easy way to provide simple and effective document security"